This Creo Parametric fundamentals class for for Experienced 3D CAD Users is intended to provide accelerated introductory training in the Creo Parametric software. This training guide is designed for users that have 3D modeling design experience with other 3D CAD software packages (CATIA™, Inventor™, NX™, SolidWorks®, etc.).
By leveraging the experience users gain in working with other 3D modeling software packages, this hands-on, practice-intensive guide is developed so that users who are NEW to Creo Parametric can benefit from a shorter, introductory-level, training. This class teaches how to find and use the modeling tools associated with familiar modeling strategies that are used in other 3D CAD software. You will acquire the knowledge necessary to complete the process of creating models from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.
- Creo Parametric fundamentals and interface
- Manipulating a model
- Creo Parametric file management
- Part creation and modification
- Sketching and creating geometry
- Sketcher mode functionality (sketching and dimensioning)
- Datum features
- Duplication techniques (patterns, mirroring)
- Creating relations to capture design intent
- Creo Parametric customization
- Design documentation and detailing
- Feature management
- Sweeps and blends
- Assembly creation and manipulation
- Parent/Child relationships in Creo Parametric models
- Model Analysis
- Feature failure resolution
Experience in mechanical design and drawing production is recommended.
Class days: 3